Baking soda can do a lot more than just sit in the back of your fridge. Here are some easy tips to put baking soda to work in every room of your house!
- To sprinkle baking soda on your couch to get rid of nasty smells is a great way to use baking soda!
- If your nail polishes leave your nails a bit stained, just mix 1/2 cup of hot water, baking soda and peroxide and dip your fingers for a minute. It works quickly!
- Soak hair brushes and combs in a mixture of 1 teaspoon baking soda and a small amount of warm water. Rinse and dry.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your next load of laundry (along with your regular liquid detergent) to get clothes cleaner and brighter. You will be able to notice the difference.
- You can make your own bathroom scrub by mixing ¼ cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Add vinegar to give it a thick, creamy texture.
- To make tarnished silver shine, combine three parts baking soda with one part water. Rub onto silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- For instant relief from bug bites, sunburn and poison ivy, mix baking soda with a little water and apply it directly to the sore.
- Fight dandruff by tabling the shampoo for a few weeks and massaging your wet scalp with a handful of baking soda instead.
- Make a fluffier omelet by adding ½ teaspoon baking soda for every three eggs.
- Have heartburn? Create an antacid by mixing ½ teaspoon of baking soda with ½ cup of water.
- Mix a little baking soda into your conditioner and lather on your hair to keep it healthy and resistant to split ends.